Ocean Signal rescueME MOB1 Personal AIS Beacon [740S-01551]
rescueME MOB1 Personal AIS Beacon
The world's smallest AIS MOB (Man Overboard) device with integrated DSC (Digital Selective Calling) - the rescueME MOB1 from Ocean Signal.
- The MOB1 is compatible with even the most compact inflatable life-jackets. The MOB1 is intended to be installed within the life-jacket and will activate automatically on inflation, sending the first alert within 15 seconds.
The integrated strobe light ensures maximum visibility in low light conditions.
The rescueME MOB1 communicates with the vessel you have been separated from and other vessels in the vicinity (up to 5 miles range dependent on conditions).
In an emergency rescueME MOB1 provides 2 methods of rapidly communicating your position, accurate to a few metres, back to the vessel, plus providing visual indication via its built in strobe light.
1. Once activated your rescueME MOB1 will transmit an alert to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled plotters in the vicinity. The integrated GPS ensures precise location is sent to your vessel and any others that may be assisting.
2. An additional feature of the MOB1, is its ability to activate the DSC alarm on your vessels VHF, alerting your crew to the situation.
Most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF comply with the standards required to receive MOB transmissions. It is however, especially if you are using older equipment, recommended that you check compatibility with the equipment manufacturer.
- 30% smaller than competitors
- Automatic activation
- Simple lifejacket integration
- 24+ hours operational life
- Fast accurate positioning
- Activation Method - Water or manual
- Battery Life -7 year from date of manufacture or after emergency use (24+ hours operational battery life)
- Waterproof - 10 M
- Dimensions - 5.28" x 1.47" x 1.06" (13.4 x 3.8 x 2.7 cm)
- Weight - .2 lb (92g)
- GPS enabled - Yes
- Strobe - LED Strobe light
- Frequency - DSC 156.525 MHz
- Transmit Power - AIS - 1 Watt and DSC - 0.5 Watt
In the Box:
- rescueME MOB1
- Mounting bracket
- Activation tape
- Antenna rewind tool
- Programming adaptor
- Instruction and programming manual
*Sold as an Individual
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including BISPHENOL A (BPA) which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Activation Method: Water/Manual
- Battery Replacement (Years): 7
- Built-In Strobe: Yes
- Floats: Yes
- Frequency: 156.525 MHz
- Operational Life (Hours): 24+
- Box Dimensions: 1"H x 5"W x 7"L WT: 0.4 lbs
- UPC: 5060266110474
Owner's Manual (pdf)